Effective Writing Workshop
NASBA CPEs: 14|
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for professionals who would like to improve their business writing skills and/or refresh their understanding of the principles of effective business writing.
- Learn Plain Language techniques for writing easy-to-read and easy-to-understand documents.
- Avoid many of the common mistakes that most writers make.
- Write precise and concise sentences and paragraphs that effectively communicate information and ideas.
- Discover new methods for organizing your documents to meet your readers' needs.
- Find out how the active voice will add strength and clarity to your writing.
- Learn to identify and write for your audience.
- Practice, practice, practice!!! Receive numerous exercises to reinforce what you have learned.
- Receive a copy of The Elements of Business Writing.
- Course Overview
- Diagnostic Test
- Review Grammar Essentials
- Identify Steps to the Writing Process
- Strategies for Overcoming Writer’s Block
- Connecting Thinking to Writing
- Transferring a Message from Brain to Page
- Using a Thesis Statement
- Putting Plain Language in Effect
Attention to Detail
- Vocabulary Building
- Audience Awareness
- Appropriate Business Language
- Setting the Right Tone
- Developing Clear and Concise Paragraphs
- Writing in the Active Voice
Rules and Application
- Methodology of Specific Writings
- Purposes for Writing
- Designing Reader-friendly Documents
- Practical Application
- Team Exercises
- Plain Language Checklist
- Editing Checklist
- Proofreading Tips