Federal Writing Boot Camp
NASBA CPEs: 28|
Who Should Attend
All Federal employees and contractors who are serious about improving their fundamental writing skills.
This hands-on course will provide you with a complete review of the fundamentals. It is designed for
those who are serious about improving their writing skills. There are numerous exercises to help you reinforce the lessons learned.
- Use different types of sentences and sentence structures.
- Writing made simple – Learn easy-to-follow rules for writing effective sentences and paragraphs.
- Review appropriate writing styles and methods for organizing and outlining your information.
- Get your information from your brain to the page.
- Eliminate writer’s block and reduce writing time.
- Revise, proofread, and edit according to the 5 “C’s” of effective communication – clarity, conciseness, correctness, completeness, and coherency.
- Common writing mistakes – Use our professional reference guide to avoid them.
- Complete writing exercises each day.
- Work with a variety of different documents, including e-mails and memos.
- Clear and concise writing – 10 writing tips you need to know.
- Discover a plan for writing professional documents.
- Learn the difference between the active and the passive voice.
- Step-by-step instructions to help you with the entire writing process.