NASBA CPEs: 14|
Who Should Attend
Federal civilian employees, military employees, contractors and anyone else who wants to learn and/or review the fundamentals of report writing.
What You Will Learn
- A step-by-step process for writing clear, concise, organized, and reader-friendly reports.
- Learn about the different types and sections of reports.
- Understand who your readers are and how to write the report to meet their needs.
- Discover techniques for gathering information and determining what is necessary for your reader.
- Ideas for planning, outlining, and organizing the report before you write.
- Plan and organize short reports, as well as long reports.
- Tips for effective grammar, style, sentence structure, language, and tone.
- Learn to format the data according to the purpose of the report.
- Write reports that are crystal clear for your reader.
- Write reports that promote action and get results.
Why You Should Attend
The ability to communicate in writing is a fundamental and critical skill. As you advance in your Federal career, your writing writing skills become more and more important. This course will help you develop these skills and increase your chances for promotion.