Management and Program Analysis (343 Series): An Introduction
Who Should Attend
All Federal civilian and military employees and contractors are eligible to attend. This class was formerly called Management Analysis: An Introduction.
We recommend that you have a laptop, notebook, phone, or other device with internet access so that you can do course-related research during the training.
Now Offering 2-Day and 3-Day Version of the Course
You may now choose between a 2-day or a 3-day version of the course.
Is there a difference?
The course objectives will be the same for the 2-day and the 3-day version of the course. The 2-day version of the course will be more streamlined than the 3-day course. The 3-day version of the course will be more in-depth than the 2-day version, particularly with respect to the exercises and activities used to reinforce and apply the principles and concepts discussed in the course.
Course Objectives and Agenda
- Find out what it takes to succeed as a management/program analyst or management/program assistant.
- Learn the six knowledge, skills, and abilities of the management/program analysis series.
- Gain an understanding of the promotions available within this series.
- Discover the many similarities, as well as the differences, between management and program analysts.
- Develop the analytical and critical problem solving skills required for management/program analysts and management/program assistants.
- Learn the three fundamental research techniques that management/program analysts use.
- Learn the five questions you should be able to answer about your organization.
- Discover the basics of the written survey and the interview.
- “Secrets” for moving up in this professional series.
- Management Analysis Defined
- Knowledge and Skills Required
- Introduction to Research and Analysis
- The Interview and Written Survey
- Knowledge of the Organization
- Direct Observation, Reading a Source, Site Examination
- Compiling Information
- Analytical Skills
- Summary of Writing, Speaking, and Computer Applications requirements
Why You Should Attend
Prepare yourself for a position as a management or program analyst. In this “HANDS-ON” workshop our expert will show you the skills that will help you become a professional in this field.