Ability to Research, Analyze, and Solve Problems
NASBA CPEs: 14|
Who Should Attend
All Federal civilian and military employees and contractors who want to learn the fundamentals of research, analysis, and problem solving.
Course Objectives and Agenda
- Sharpen your research and analytical thinking skills.
- Learn five research techniques that will allow you to apply for many more professional Federal positions.
- Receive tips for conducting formal and informal research.
- Understand how to find and define the “real” problem.
- Learn what questions to ask to identify a problem and make good decisions.
- Discover how to record and document information.
- Learn a professional approach to problem solving.
- Discover the test that you can give experts to ensure that they have credibility.
- Learn the difference between qualitative and quantitative research.
- See how working with others can increase your ability to find solutions.
- Introduction to Problem Solving
- Defining the Problem
- Approaching the Problem Professionally
- Sources and Credibility
- Understanding Charts and Graphs
- Research Overview
- Introduction to Written Surveys
- Using Information from Written Surveys
- Research methods:
- The Interview
- Direct Observation
- Reading a Source
- Examining a Site
- Compiling Information
- Analyzing Information
Why You Should Attend
One of the core competencies for support staff and other office personnel is the ability to research, analyze, and solve problems. Our instructor will teach you the techniques you can use to analyze and solve problems more effectively and efficiently.