Management and Program Analysis (343 Series): Beyond the Basics
NASBA CPEs: 14|
Who Should Attend
Management and program assistants, new management and program analysts, administrative staff interested in this series, and anyone else who needs to or wants to take their knowledge beyond the basics.
Students should take Management and Program Analysis (343 Series): An Introduction
or be familiar with the concepts and principles covered in that course.
We recommend that you bring a laptop, notebook, phone, or other device with internet access
so that you can do course-related research during the training.
Course Objectives and Agenda
- Develop your skills in the application of fact finding and investigative techniques.
- Understand OPM’s guidelines for the Management and Program Analysis (GS-0343) series.
- Receive an overview of a simple cost benefit analysis method.
- Develop in-depth techniques for conducting research on the Web.
- Learn interviewing and note taking techniques.
- Get an introduction to descriptive statistics.
- Review effective methods for organizing and presenting data, including flowcharting.
- Gain an understanding of the series reporting requirements.
- Learn briefing and communication requirements.
- The 0343 Series Defined
- Probing into Problems
- Process of the Analyst
- Research Requirements
- Research Method Expanded: Interviewing, Listening Skills, and Note Taking skills
- Research Method Expanded: Web-Based
- Using Flowcharts
- Descriptive Statistics Applications
- Cost Benefit Analysis Introduction
- Reporting Requirements
- Presentation Requirements
Why You Should Attend
This course was designed to help you take your knowledge and skills to the next level. Our expert instructor will teach you the practical tools, techniques, and skills necessary for success in this series.