Communication Skills: Speaking to an Audience
Who Should Attend
All Federal civilian and military employees and contractors who want to gain more confidence communicating in meetings, briefings, or presentations.
Advanced Preparation: None
CPE Field of Study: Communications
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to select and develop the content for your presentation.
- Assess the audience, the situation, and other important aspects of your environment.
- Present information clearly, concisely, confidently, and persuasively.
- Use the B.E.S.T. formula to organize a presentation for maximum impact.
- Overcome nervousness, anxiety, and your fear of speaking before others.
- Discuss how to stick to the topic, capture the listeners' attention, and avoid rambling.
- Learn techniques for small and large audiences.
- Communicate in an organized and clear manner.
- Understand how to work with others to give a group presentation.
- Learn how to enhance your career through presentations.
- Learn the art of impression: Finish your presentation so that your content is remembered.
- Explore techniques for planning and researching presentations and briefings.
- Practice, Practice & Practice through hands-on, classroom engagement.
Why You Should Attend
Are you interested in engaging and connecting with your audience when you speak? Come learn the art of presenting to an audience with style, confidence, and purpose.