Interpersonal Communication Skills
NASBA CPEs: 7|
Who Should Attend
All Federal employees, contractors, and anyone else interested in improving the way they communicate with others on a daily basis.
What You Will Learn
- Discuss numerous methods to improve how you talk and how you communicate.
- Learn how to be confident and comfortable when communicating at all levels.
- Use a variety of communication techniques and learn to adjust your style to meet the needs of a variety of audiences.
- Highlight the importance of effective nonverbal communication, including body language.
- Detail proven tips for communicating positively, professionally, and assertively in any situation.
- Identify five techniques to ensure that your listeners understand what you mean.
- Become a more effective listener.
- Discover how to resolve conflict with tact and diplomacy.
- Discuss the tools and methods outstanding negotiators use to get what they want.
- Improve your overall interpersonal communication skills and work more productively.
Why You Should Attend
Our ability to communicate orally is something that is tested every day. This course will provide you with insights into your own communication skills, help you take an honest assessment of your own communication style and skill, and offer practical suggestions for communicating more effectively with your supervisors and co-workers.