||Processing Personnel Actions
NASBA CPEs: 28|CEUs: 2.8
Select a Date and Location
August 6 - 9, 2019|
Hilton National Mall
September 3 - 6, 2019|
September 30 - October 3, 2019|
Oxon Hill, MD
Who Should Attend
Human resources assistants, specialists, clerks, other office personnel, and anyone else who needs to understand and apply Federal personnel procedures.
Course Objectives and Agenda
- Learn how to process personnel actions by researching and utilizing OPM’s Guide to Processing Personnel Actions.
- Understand and use the proper terminology, forms, codes, remarks, and authorities when processing personnel actions.
- Develop skills to help you accurately document the appropriate Nature of Action Codes, Legal Authorities, and Remarks on SF-50s and SF-52s.
- Compute Service Computation Dates (SCDs), process “Within-Grade” Determinations, identify correct probationary periods, document Veteran’s Preference information, and other specific types of actions.
- Getting Ready to Process Personnel Actions
- Preparation, Processing, and Approval of Requests for Personnel Actions (SF-52) and Notifications of Personnel Actions (SF-50)
- Review Relevant OPM Laws and Regulations
- Overview and Organization of the Various Chapters of OPM’s Guide to Processing Personnel Actions
- Personnel Terms and Personnel Forms
- Nature of Action (NOA) Codes, Authorities, and Remarks
- Job Aids for Processing Personnel Actions
- Calculating a Service Computation Date (SCD)
- Determining and Verifying Creditable Civilian and Military Service
- Documenting Veteran’s Preference Use and Entitlement
- Processing “Within-Grade” Determinations
- Probationary Period Requirements
- Career Tenure Service Requirements
- Coding Specific Types of Actions
- Course Review and Summary
Why You Should Attend
Our expert instructor will teach you how to prepare, process, and, approve Requests for Personnel Actions (SF-52) and Notifications of Personnel Actions (SF-50), the essential personnel records for Federal employees. You will also be taught to use the appropriate forms, terminology, codes, remarks, processes, and procedures for processing personnel actions.