NASBA CPEs: 14|CEUs: 1.4
Select a Date and Location
|This course is currently available for group, on-site training at your location. Please fill out the On-site Request Form located on this page or call 301-749-5600 for more information.
Who Should Attend
This course is open to any individual (employee and/or supervisor) who is interested in acquiring a better understanding of the performance management system, program, and process as well as the accompanying policies and procedures.
The purpose of this course is to provide the participant with knowledge related to the performance management system in the Federal Government. Performance management is the systematic process by which an agency involves its employees, as individuals and members of a group, in improving organizational effectiveness in the accomplishment of the agency's mission and goals. Employees and supervisors/managers must understand their roles and responsibilities as it relates to this critical organizational requirement.
At the conclusion of this course, the participant will be able to identify:
• Laws, rules, and regulations governing performance management
• Components of performance management
• Performance appraisal systems
• Management’s roles and responsibilities
• Employee’s roles and responsibilities
• Performance plans/agreements
• Critical elements of a job
• Performance appraisals
• Ratings of record
• Awards and recognition
• Performance based actions
• Relationship between performance management and employee relations