English Essentials: GPO Style Manual Review
Who Should Attend
The Government Printing Office Style Manual is the default style manual for almost all Federal agencies and their employees. This course is designed for Federal employees, Federal contractors, and anyone else who needs or wants a thorough refresher in the rules found in the Government Printing Office Style Manual.
What You Will Learn
- Review the rules of punctuation and capitalization as outlined in the Government Printing Office Style Manual.
- Avoid the most common punctuation mistakes.
- Learn five major COMMA rules that will help you get it right every time.
- Review and practice with other punctuation marks, including apostrophes, semicolons, colons, parentheses, ellipses, quotation marks, and dashes.
- Work with hands-on exercises and examples to reinforce what you’ve learned.
Why You Should Attend
Professionals who can write clearly and correctly are more valuable to an organization than those whose business writing is filled with errors. This course is designed for those who want to refresh their knowledge of punctuation and/or those who know what’s correct but can’t always explain why. Students will learn in a highly interactive and hands-on environment.