The Administrative Officer
Who Should Attend
New administrative officers, management analysts and fiscal officers who are transitioning to positions with broader management responsibility, office managers, and administrative staff seeking promotion and advancement.
What You Will Learn
This workshop explores the many roles and functions of the administrative officer and offers a practical guide to successfully executing those functions and effectively leading people to mission accomplishment.
- Review the roles, functions, and purpose of the administrative officer.
- Understand your leadership role and responsibilities.
- Learn to seek, identify, and move people and procure resources in accordance with shifts and changes in the mission.
- Review the fundamentals of the procurement and acquisition process.
- Learn to manage transitions and help others to reposition for opportunity.
- Use communication to facilitate change, to develop human resources, and to effect organizational growth.
- Understand the federal budget process so you can improve inputs into the budget formulations, spend allocated dollars more wisely, and better match expenditures to mission accomplishment.
- Use data analysis to better assist managers and staff in monitoring and tracking results.
Why You Should Attend
The Federal Government has an increasing need for generalists – skilled professionals who capably lead, aid their organizations through change and problem resolution, and measure progress and results while achieving strategic goals. Discover which knowledge, skills, and abilities are necessary for success in this field.