Interpersonal Communication: Building Professional Workplace Relationships
Who Should Attend
Anyone interested in learning results-oriented techniques and methods for improving his or her workplace communication skills.
Advanced Preparation: None
CPE Field of Study: Communications
This interactive workshop will explore your preferred method of communication and gain insight into the preferences of others so that you can consistently foster positive interactions, reduce miscommunication, and achieve results. We will review transactional analysis and ego states to adapt how we engage in dialogue to enhance workplace culture.
Upon completion, you will recognize what you can do to strengthen rapport and relationships, boost listening skills, and clearly get your message across in a mutually beneficial way. We will practice newly learned communication skills to reinforce your ability to easily use these methods outside of the workshop environment.
Upon successful completion, participants will be able to:
- Define and explore transactional communication
- Find your voice and communication style for healthy workplace relationships
- Increase team cohesion through style adaptation, self-awareness, and executive presence
- Recognize and appreciate your own unique strengths and preferences as well as the strengths and preferences of others
- Develop rapport by using the primary elements of communication reframing
- Increase conflict management and problem solving with enhanced communication skills