Conflict Management and Resolution
NASBA CPEs: 14|
Who Should Attend
All Federal employees and contractors who want to manage workplace conflicts more effectively.
What You Will Learn
- Define and identify workplace conflict.
- Recognize attitudes and behaviors that are likely to create conflict.
- Explore effective negotiation and mediation skills.
- Review, discuss, and evaluate third party theories.
- Identify key relationship building techniques.
- Demonstrate effective communication techniques for addressing a variety of conflict situations.
- Implement appropriate strategies for managing and resolving different kinds of conflict.
- Apply best practices to conflict management.
- Identify your individual conflict management style.
- Discover the dynamics of group development.
- Recognize and benefit from individual differences in your staff and co-workers.
- Create an atmosphere that promotes cooperation among your staff and co-workers.
Why You Should Attend
Conflict is a part of our lives, but many people lack fundamental conflict management and resolution skills. This course will teach you to manage disputes and disagreements positively and proactively.
You will learn the causes of interpersonal conflict and gain a better awareness of the emotional triggers that create, and often worsen, conflicts. You will also improve your communication and conflict management skills, which will allow your staff and co-workers to focus on performance and productivity.