||Financial Planning for Federal Employees
Select a Date and Location
|This course is only available for group on-site training at your location. Please fill out the On-site Request Form located on this page or call 301-749-5600 for more information.
Who Should Attend
All Federal civilian employees are eligible to attend. It is never too early to plan! Federal employees of all ages and grade levels need this training.
What You Will Learn
• Assess retirement readiness
• Establish financial goals
• Plan for a sound financial future
• Conduct a financial needs analysis (FNA)
• Create a financial game plan and a financial road map
• Discuss appropriate use of debt and how to manage debt
• Explain how to plan your estate
• Understand your housing choices
• Explain the benefits and drawbacks to paying off your mortgage
• Explain fundamental investment strategies
• Review the Thrift Savings Plans (TSPs) and IRAs
• Discuss earning additional income and its effect on taxes and social security
Why You Should Attend
Will you really be ready to retire when you are eligible? This class will help you maximize your opportunities and determine how much you will need to retire comfortably. Retirement and other benefits have become much more complicated. The decisions you make now will determine your standard of living later. Learn what is best for you! Our dynamic instructor is an expert who gives you the information that you need to know - in plain English.