Retirement and Benefits Planning for Federal Employees
Who Should Attend
New Federal employees, mid-career Federal employees, and Federal employees within five years of retirement would all benefit from this training. It is never too early to plan!
This course is also effective for Federal HR practitioners and liaisons who want to increase their knowledge of Federal retirement and benefits.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the differences among FERS, CSRS, and CSRS Offset to determine if you are under the correct retirement system.
- Develop a realistic action plan to help you meet your retirement goals.
- Learn how your annuity will be computed, who is eligible, and what taxes you will pay.
- Learn methods for reducing personal debt, as well as the basics of money management.
- Understand the rules for unused annual leave and unused sick leave.
- Find out how your Social Security benefits will be computed and what taxes you may be required to pay.
- Review your Federal Employees Group Life Insurance (FEGLI) benefits and the Federal Long Term Care Insurance Program (FLTCIP).
- Learn about your health benefits options, including FEHB, Medicare, COBRA, and Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs).
- Receive an overview of the G, C, F, S, I, and L Funds and choose the best Thrift Savings Plans (TSP) for your situation.
- Need Cash? Should you borrow from your TSP Account or a commercial lender?
- Receive a TSP overview, including tax benefits, contribution rules, transfers, rollovers, loans, withdrawal options, annuities, and taxable distributions.
Why You Should Attend
Will you really be ready to retire when you are eligible? This class will help you maximize your opportunities and determine how much you will need to retire comfortably. Retirement and other benefits have become much more complicated. The decisions you make now will determine your standard of living later. Learn what is best for you!
Our dynamic instructor is an expert in the field and has taught this course for Human Resources Institute since 2001. He consistently receives outstanding evaluations from his students. As a result, we are very confident that you will find this course to be well worth your time.