Coaching for Success: An Introduction
Who Should Attend
All Federal employees and contractors in leadership positions and aspiring leaders who want to know what it takes to become effective coaches, as well as anyone else responsible for building teams or work groups.
What You Will Learn
- Define the role of a coach in today's workplace.
- Identify the characteristics of a good coach.
- Review and demonstrate effective coaching techniques.
- Identify the individual skills, competencies, and needs of your team.
- Define the characteristics of successful coaching, as well as the benefits.
- Review the key foundations of commitment.
- Learn how to give instructive feedback.
- Leverage your coaching to achieve results.
- Each student receives a copy of Coaching for Improved Work Performance.
Why You Should Attend
Effective coaching is a necessary skill for leaders at all levels, and this course will emphasize how to build more productive and effective employees and teams. You will learn coaching techniques that help motivate, inspire, and build trust. You will explore how employee beliefs, attitudes, and expectations have changed, and the new skills required for managing employee performance. In this interactive session, you will receive numerous opportunities to demonstrate these skills.