Microsoft Excel: Level One
Who Should Attend
Federal employees, contractors, self taught individuals, and anyone else who wants to learn Microsoft Excel fundamentals - and beyond.
Advanced Preparation: None
CPE Field of Study: Computer Software
What You Will Learn
- Master the Excel interface and fundamentals, such as mouse controls, keyboard shortcuts, and dialog boxes.
- Select, retrieve, view, and chart data.
- Discover how to use Excel as a database and understand how and why we use spreadsheets.
- Review sorting & filtering, formulas, functions, charts, and graphs.
- Enter labels and values into a workbook.
- Navigate, name, and save a workbook.
- Enter and work with date values and Autofill.
- Edit, clear, replace cell contents, and use the Clipboard.
- Cut, Copy, Paste, Paste Special, and move cells.
- Insert and delete cells, rows, and columns, and adjust row height and column width.
- Use Undo, Redo, and Repeat.
- Find and replace information.
- Understand and effectively incorporate Smart Tags.
- Use the Format Painter to copy formatting.
- Merge cells, align a cell's contents, add borders and colors, and rotate text.
- Create charts, format objects in charts, change a chart’s source data and chart type, and work with a 3-D chart and custom charts.
- Hands-on exercises with time set aside to practice what you have learned.
Why You Should Attend
Our training maximizes learning and allows for more “hands-on” practice. You also receive a copy of Teach Yourself Visually Excel – a full-color, user-friendly manual.