Performance Based Acquisitions
Who Should Attend
This training is critical for those responsible for capturing and documenting Statement of Work requirements. This training provides beneficial tools to procurement professionals who review SOWs produced by a variety of organizations.
- Contracting Officers (CO)
- Contracting Officer's Representative (COR)
- Contracts Administrators
- Systems Engineers (SE)
- Requirements Engineers (RE)
- Business Analysts (BA)
- Budget Analysts
- Program and Project Managers (PM)
- Marketing Professionals
- Any Other Procurement/Acquisition Professionals
If you are not realizing desired results from your contractors, vendors and/or outside providers or if you are being told you need to write Performance-Based Statements of Work (PBSOW) and are not clear on how to do so, then this course is a for you.
Performance based acquisitions involves structuring all aspects of an acquisition around the purpose of the work to be performed as opposed to the manner by which the work is to be performed by the contractor or external provider. A PBSOW allows more flexibility in developing a solution to the customer’s requirements, while placing the responsibility on the contractor or external provider for delivering a solution that meets the customer’s requirements. A key factor in the success of PBSOW work is the ability of the customer to write good requirements and the ability of the contractor or external provider to recognize and only accept good requirements.
PBSOW is applicable to both requirements for service providers as well as for product providers. Whether your needs are for facility maintenance/management, delivery of service(s) or for developing and delivering software or hardware, this course provides the perspective, tools and requisite skills to realize the desired result and to achieve a higher degree of success for your projects when and while working with contractors, vendors and external providers.
- Understand and effectively use the terminology utilized by procurement professionals
- Provide a firm foundation for defining the job, the work, the requirements and the data needed to
ensure customers receive desired results on contracts from contractors,vendors, outside providers, etc.
- Introduce the history of Performance Based Acquisitions
- Explain FAR Policy regarding Performance Based Acquisitions
- Review the Performance Based Acquisitions Model
- Develop an Integrated Project Team
- Provide attendees with knowledge of market research (required sources, types, benefits, and resources) and FAR market research requirements.
- Perform market research and comply with FAR market research requirements
- Discuss incentives and FAR 37 mandates to follow when providing incentives
- Develop knowledge of the types of incentives associated with Performance Based Acquisitions
- Learn to effectively write a PBSOW and Statement of Objectives (SOO)
- Understand how the SOW affects what you are purchasing
- Understand the differences between PBSOW and other types of SOWs
- Review and discuss the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP)
- Be able to prepare and monitor the Quality Assurance Surveillance Plan (QASP)
- Prepare a Performance Requirements Analysis
- Provide knowledge and tools needed for managing performance
- Clearly define the work that you need done
- Write requirements that state what - not how
- Learn how to specify and communicate performance expected for desired results
- Manage performance on a performance based project or contract
- Determine remedies for delinquencies on project or contract performance