||English Essentials: Expand Your Vocabulary
Select a Date and Location
|There are no courses scheduled at this time, but more are on the way. Please check our website at a later time for new course dates.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for all Federal administrative personnel, as well as other Federal office personnel and contractors interested in expanding and enhancing their spoken and written vocabulary.
What You Will Learn
- Our reference guide will explain in easy-to-understand language how to use hundreds of practical, everyday words correctly.
- Learn how to properly use many of the most commonly misused words in the English language.
- Discover how synonyms can help you expand your vocabulary.
- Speak and write with more confidence.
- Understand how the right words can make you shine.
- Receive practical tips for improving your oral and written communication.
- Give your writing a vocabulary boost.
- Increase your reading comprehension.
- Learn to build your vocabulary –one day at a time.
Why You Should Attend
Strong oral and written communication skills are critical for success in most career fields, and a strong vocabulary is a key building block for effective speaking and writing. Our instructor will explain, in plain language, how to use hundreds of practical, everyday words and provide a plan for improving your vocabulary one day at a time.