||Your Federal Career: A Roadmap to Success
NASBA CPEs: 14|CEUs: 1.4
Select a Date and Location
May 9 - 10, 2019|
Oxon Hill, MD
September 9 - 10, 2019|
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for current Federal civilian employees, active military, Federal contractors, and other individuals interested in getting results for their agencies as well as in their own Federal careers. Our instructor, a former Senior Executive in the Federal Government, will show you the way!
If you help your organization succeed, you will succeed.
The Federal Government is the nation’s largest employer and is committed to having a world-class workforce. In this course, you will learn how to stand out among your co-workers and peers as a highly valued and indispensable staff member, which will significantly increase your opportunities to achieve success in your career. This course will provide you with a road map to obtain, retain, and advance in Federal employment.
We recommend that you bring your resumé to the course.
- Learn the attributes and habits of successful Federal employees
- Understand the skills necessary for success in your current organization
- Learn how to conduct a self-assessment to determine your best fit
- Understand why an agency’s mission and strategic goals are important to your career progression
- Strengthen core and technical competencies through Individual Development Plans (IDP’s) and Critical Developmental Activities (CDA’s)
- Understand why soft skills matter, how to manage work relationships, and how to market yourself
- Demonstrate how to be the BEST qualified. Improve resume writing and analysis by incorporating knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Glean how to get the highest score by understanding how Federal HR staff score your application
- Learn the secrets to reviewing Federal vacancy announcements, finding realistic opportunities, and targeting the best job for you
- Learn how to master the Federal interview – how to think on your feet
- Discuss work-life balance