Select a Date and Location
May 28 - 29, 2015|
September 28 - 29, 2015|
Who Should Attend
All Federal administrative, clerical, office professionals, and contractors who want to improve their knowledge and skills in office administration and increase their value to their organizations.
What You Will Learn
How You Will Benefit
- Review the managerial expectations of the Office Administrator.
- Understand how technology can increase your efficiency and effectiveness.
- Get more accomplished in less time.
- Review fundamental problem solving skills to help you make better and more informed decisions.
- Discuss and practice the kinds of communication skills necessary for you to effectively manage your office.
- Develop and enhance the communication skills that place you on the fast track for promotion.
- Coordinate group efforts for best results.
- Learn project planning skills that will make you the “go to” staff member who your supervisor always trusts to get the job done.
II. The Expectations for Today’s Office Administrator
III. Taking Advantage of the Electronic Revolution
IV. Fundamental Problem Solving Skills
V. Communication Skills
- Avoiding Miscommunication
- E-mail Communication
-The Art of Persuasion
-Telephone and Voice-mail tips
VI. Project Planning
- Who, What, Why, How, and Why
- Managing Conflicting Demands
VII. Time Management and Organization
- Knowing Your Work Group
- Optimizing Your Energy
- Getting More Done in Less Time
VIII. Decision Making
IX. Handling Conflict and Teambuilding
- Setting the Example
- Building a Stronger Team
- Overcoming Roadblocks to Success
Why You Should Attend
Strong office administration and management skills are essential to success in today's Federal workforce. Office administrators wear "many hats" and are expected to be able to accomplish many tasks. Our expert will help you improve your overall office administration skills, which will further increase your value to your organization.