Correspondence Writing for Government Professionals
NASBA CPEs: 14|
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for Government employees and contractors who want to improve their correspondence, including memo writing and email communication.
What You Will Learn
- Learn 10 methods for writing clear and concise documents that your reader and supervisor will appreciate.
- Organize your thoughts before you begin to write.
- Receive tips for reviewing and proofreading your documents for completeness and accuracy.
- Acquire step-by-step instructions to help you with the entire writing process.
- Learn to avoid the most common memo and email writing mistakes.
- Discuss the important differences between a memo and a report.
- Review what to consider when writing a memo.
- Learn the fundamental components of a memo and a memo writing plan.
- Write clear, well structured, and professional emails.
- Save time through communicating appropriately from the outset.
- Learn ways to quickly proof-read before you hit send.
- Avoid frustrating others with email overload.
- Write with impact and capture your reader's attention.
- Plan your emails to make them look professional.
- Structure emails so they’re easy to follow.
- Three easy-to-apply email fundamentals.
- Respect email etiquette and avoid embarrassment.
- Get your emails read.
- Save time and improve efficiency.
Why You Should Attend
Memos and emails are important tools for effective communication. To be effective, they need to be written correctly, clearly, and concisely. In this HANDS-ON workshop, you will learn to write memos and emails that work for you and your readers. Our instructor, Kym Marie Clarke, will give you the tools, the self-confidence, and the motivation necessary to improve and enhance those skills.