Quantitative Data Analysis with Microsoft Excel: An Introduction
NASBA CPEs: 14|
Who Should Attend
Students whose job responsibilities require them to routinely analyze and report data gathered through various data collection activities as well as students who wish to improve their analytical skills to make themselves even more valuable within their agencies.
Note: This class was previously called Data Analysis with Microsoft Excel: An Introduction.
This course focuses on performing key work-related quantitative data analysis tasks using the powerful tools available in Microsoft Excel. Students taking this class should have a strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
Suggested Prerequisite: We recommend that students take first the following courses or be familiar with the concepts and principles covered in these courses:
- Microsoft Excel: Level One
- Management and Program Analysis: Data Collection and Analysis
- Why Excel is most commonly used for statistical analysis
- The components of the suite of tools within Excel that perform regression and calculate statistical data
- How to setup your data for analysis
- The methodology of performing quantitative data analysis within the context of a business and management project
- How to prepare reports or structure presentations using the output of Excel in data analysis
- Tools, tips, and suggestions for completing your data analysis tasks more effectively and efficiently
- Practical considerations and the limits of Excel in performing statistical analysis