||Microsoft Word: An Overview
Select a Date and Location
|This course is only available for group, on-site training at your location. Please fill out the On-site Request Form located on this page or call 301-749-5600 for more information.
Who Should Attend
Federal employees, contractors, individuals new to Microsoft Word, self taught individuals, and anyone else who want an overview of the many features available in Microsoft Word.
What You Will Learn
- Enter, insert, and delete text and work with automatic corrections.
- File management and organization.
- Keystroke shortcuts, including cutting, copying, pasting text, and Paste Special.
- Find and replace text.
- The Office Clipboard.
- View documents in different configurations.
- Understand Smart Tags.
- Use Undo and Redo.
- Adjust margins and working with page breaks.
- Create, apply, and modify character and paragraph styles.
- Create headers and footers.
- Print and close a document.
- Work with and selecting from various print options.
- Preview a document before printing.
- Use Templates and Wizards.
- Work with Text Boxes.
- Learn how tables and drawings will make your documents come alive.
Why You Should Attend
Many people use Microsoft Word but are not familiar with the numerous available features. This hands-on course is designed to improve your knowledge, skill, and productivity with Microsoft Word 2007. After this course, you will possess the kind of skills necessary to efficiently and effectively use many of this software's features and tools. You will discover the little “secrets” that the experts know about and take advantage of. You also receive a copy of Microsoft Office Word QuickSteps – a full-color, user-friendly manual.