||Microsoft Access: An Introduction
NASBA CPEs: 7|CEUs: 0.7
Select a Date and Location
|This course is only available for group, on-site training at your location. Please fill out the On-site Request Form located on this page or call 301-749-5600 for more information.
Who Should Attend
Federal employees, contractors, individuals new to Microsoft Access, self taught individuals, and anyone else who wants to learn the fundamentals. You should possess a basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows before you take this course.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the fundamentals of databases and explore Microsoft Access.
- Understand the technical language.
- Learn File and Folder management.
- Develop Tables, Queries, Forms, Reports, and Macros.
- Learn hands-on how to create a new database file and how to work with an existing database.
- Create a database using the Database Wizard.
- Create a table from scratch using the Table Wizard.
- Create a form using the Form Wizard.
- Practice data filtering and data sorting.
- Create queries that sort and filter database information.
- Work with multiple tables in a relational database.
- Work with multiple windows.
- Add, edit, and delete records in a table or form.
- Create Databases and Objects.
- Open and modify a database object.
- Preview and print a database object.
- Understand field data types.
- Create reports and mailing labels using the Report Wizard.
- Import and export information from/to an external file.
- Find and replace database information.
- Sort table information in ascending or descending order.
- Filter information by selection, by form, and by creating advanced filters.
- Freeze and hide a datasheet’s columns.
- Repair and compress a database.
- Review and practice with advanced query techniques.
Why You Should Attend
1. Understanding databases and knowing how to use Microsoft Access can make you more valuable at work and will help build your resume! 2. Taking this course is essential to anyone wanting to get started with Microsoft Access. 3. Learning to use a database can be frustrating. Our team will make it comfortable for you and will challenge you to try new things. 4. You also receive a copy of Microsoft Office Access QuickSteps – a full-color, user-friendly manual.