||Federal Human Resources Management for Supervisors and Managers
NASBA CPEs: 21|CEUs: 2.1
||Supervisors and Managers
Select a Date and Location
November 12 - 14, 2019|
Largo (Upper Marlboro), MD
Who Should Attend
This course is designed to equip federal supervisors with the skills they need to manage the HR aspects of supervision. You will learn about key responsibilities that federal supervisors have in the areas of hiring, conducting performance appraisals (including assisting employees with unacceptable performance), mentoring, EEO, employee & labor relations, leave, and pay regulations. The course design focuses on interactive instructional techniques including short lectures, group discussions and activities, role playing, and case studies. This course aligns with the regulatory requirements outlined in 5 CFR 412.202 related to required training for supervisors.
- Assist federal clients in meeting the provisions of 5 CFR 412.202(b), requiring supervisory training within one year of appointment to a supervisory position and periodic follow-up training at least every 3 years thereafter.
- Give federal supervisors and managers the tools necessary to ensure compliance with EEO, hiring, performance management, and other employment regulations.
- Provide federal supervisors and managers with formal interactive training designed to connect laws and regulations with application.
- Offer federal clients access to an effective, flexible, and affordable option for training supervisors and managers.
- Background of the federal government’s employment system
- Merit system principles and prohibited personnel practices
- Managing a diverse workforce and other EEO responsibilities
- Classification for supervisors and managers
- Hiring 101
- Writing effective job analyses and assessment questions
- Writing meaningful performance plans and appraisals
- Employee recognition
- Developing and mentoring employees
- Handling performance and conduct issues
- Handling formal complaints
- Labor management relations
- Leave, attendance, and work schedules
- Health and safety